Restore Your Smile’s Natural Beauty
As the number one solution for missing teeth, dental implants can restore your smile’s natural beauty and function. Designed to look and feel just like your natural teeth, dental implants offer many benefits that other alternatives can’t match such as no additional care and lasting up to a lifetime if cared for properly.
Discover how dental implants can improve your oral health and overall well-being with our Taconic Dental Arts dental implant guide.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are a permanent and aesthetically pleasing solution to replace missing or extracted teeth. Dental implant restorations fuse with your jawbone for unmatched stability and replace missing teeth from root to crown. Through a process called osseointegration, the dental implant will naturally form a secure bond to your jaw.
What is osseointegration?
Osseointegration is the process in which a titanium implant fixture fuses with your jawbone to replace the missing tooth root. This is vital to the success of your dental implant procedure, as it stimulates healthy bone growth in your jaw and allows your dental implant to function like a natural tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants?
There are a variety of benefits that accompany dental implants that other tooth replacement options can’t match, such as:
- Natural appearance and function
- Secured to your jaw
- Easy to maintain
- Resistant to decay
- Prevents the jawbone from shrinking
- Can last up to a lifetime
The Dental Implant Process
Over the course of several months, you’ll go through a three-step process to achieve your new smile. These steps are:
- Initial Consultation– The first step in your dental implant treatment is a consultation with one of our Rutland dentists. During this visit, your teeth, gums, and jaw will be examined and evaluated to determine if you’re eligible for dental implants. If you’re in need of any supplemental procedures, our dentists will determine this and let you know. This is also a time where we can answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- Implant Placement– Once you’re ready, one of our dentists will fuse the implant fixture to your jaw and protect the surgical area with a temporary crown. You’ll need to allow three to six months for the implant site to fully heal before we can finish the last step of your treatment.
- Final Restoration– After your mouth has fully healed, you’ll return to our Rutland office to complete your treatment. We’ll securely attach your chosen restoration to the implant fixture to finish the process. Once it’s attached, you’ll be able to instantly enjoy the benefits of your beautiful, new smile.
How do you care for your dental implants after the procedure?
The first week or two after your procedure is crucial to the success of your treatment. Our dentists will give you post-op instructions which you need to carefully follow during this time. These instructions will include limiting your diet to soft foods, avoiding the use of tobacco and alcohol, and rinsing your mouth with warm salt water after meals.
Once your mouth has healed, dental implants can be cared for just like your natural teeth. No special tools or products are necessary to keep them clean and in top shape. Make sure you continue to brush your teeth twice a day as well as floss daily, in addition to visiting our practice twice a year for your regular checkups.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you want a reliable tooth replacement solution that allows you to eat, speak, and smile freely with confidence, dental implants may be right for you. More patients qualify than ever before for dental implants due to the technological advancements and new techniques in dentistry.
Unlike dentures, dental implants won’t slide around in your mouth and can be cleaned just like your natural teeth. Implants also help stimulate healthy growth in your jaw to prevent deterioration and preserve facial appearance.
How much do dental implants cost?
The cost of dental implants will vary from patient to patient. This is due to the factors that will be unique to each person’s situation. Some of these factors include how many implants are needed, the need for supplemental procedures, and whether or not your insurance covers a portion of your treatment cost. For an accurate estimate, schedule a consultation at our Rutland office where one of our dentists will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan for you.
Visit Taconic Dental Arts for Dental Implants
With the help of dental implants, you can replace any amount of missing teeth, restoring health and beauty to your smile. If you’re wondering if you’re a good candidate for receiving dental implants, call our Rutland office at (802) 773-1020 and schedule an appointment.